San Diego, CA – September 3, 2014 / (http://www.myprgenie.com/) – The latest lineup of a dozen new RCA Televisions now come equipped with Roku streaming capability, thanks to the pre-installed Roku Steaming Stick (Roku Ready version). The 12 new RCA HDTV models in screen sizes from 28- to 65-inches are now available with Roku functionality for fast and convenient access to the Roku Channel Store, including access to thousands of streaming choices. Access to Roku is controlled by the TV’s remote control and no additional power connection is needed.
“Roku’s streaming platform is accessible directly from the TV remote, making it possible to jump straight to the Roku home screen to start watching in any room with a Wi-Fi connection. There’s no additional equipment needed and it's pre-installed for maximum convenience and ease of use,” said Pat Deighan, Vice President of Sales for ON Corporation, the licensed manufacturer of big-screen RCA television products.
RCA TV models with the Roku Streaming Stick are available now at Best Buy, Walmart.com, Sears.com, BJ’s Wholesale Club, SamsClub.com and select regional electronics retailers.
“Roku users can choose from more than 1,500 different streaming channels and some 200,000 movies and TV episodes. Whatever you’re interested in food, science, kid’s shows, technology, fitness, or programming in a different language, there’s a Roku channel for you,” said Chas Smith, General Manager at Roku.
Streaming on the Rise
According to the Consumer Electronics Association, nearly half of U.S. TV households are receiving TV programming via the Internet on TV sets. 45% report using devices like Roku, an increase of 17 percentage points over last year. Most streaming TV viewers supplement their pay-TV channels on cable or satellite with selections from streaming services. The CE industry is expected to sell some 16 million app-enabled TV sets this year.
Stream with the Big Screen
Large screen RCA TV sets are newly available with the Roku Streaming Stick, in sizes up to 65-inch class. New Roku Ready models include:
- 28-inch class 720p (model LRK28G30RQ, suggested retail price $199.99)
- 32-inch class 720p (model LRK32G30RQ, suggested retail price $249.99)
- 32-inch class 1080p (model LRK32G45RQ, suggested retail price $279.99)
- 40-inch class 1080p (model LRK40G45RQ, suggested retail price $349.99)
- 46-inch class 1080p (model LRK46G55RQ, suggested retail price $449.99)
- 50-inch 1080p and 120Hz (model LRK50G45RQ, suggested retail price $549.99)
- 55-inch 1080p and120Hz, (model LRK55G55RQ, suggested retail price $649.99)
- 65-inch 1080p and 120Hz (model LRK65G55RQ, suggested retail price $999.99)
TV/DVD Combo Favorites
The new 28-inch to 40-inch RCA TV/DVD combos make ideal second-room or dorm room sets. LED-backlit TV/DVD Combo models include:
- 28-inch class 720p (model LED28G30RQD, suggested retail price $229.99)
- 32-inch class 720p (model LED32G30RQD, suggested retail price $279.99)
- 32-inch class 1080p (model LED32G45RQD, suggested retail price $299.99)
- 40-inch class 1080p (model LED40G45RQD, suggested retail price $379.99).
RCA is one of the most recognized names in the electronics industry, delivering innovative and reliable technology that has been entertaining families for nearly a century. RCA is a global trademark administered by RCA Trademark Management SAS of Technicolor SA. Learn more at www.rca.com
Roku and Roku Ready are registered trademarks and Roku Streaming Stick is a trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.